Face painting, snacking, dancing, drumming, and hands-on art projects led by master heritage artists! TMY is full of activities for kids. We offer some specific activities and performances below, but we recommend exploring the whole festival to get children excited about the rich cultural diversity of Tucson.
- Visit masters of manual arts on Church Street. Many traditional artists offer hands-on activities at their tables. Explore origami, Arabic calligraphy, Henna body decorations, Navajo bead bracelets, and Mexican paper flowers, among many others.
PIMA COUNTY MEET YOURSELF
- Plenty of fun activities at the Pima County Meet Yourself areas, both in front of and inside the library at Jácome Plaza. Lots of play here, including Arts and crafts, watershed education, seed balls, and puppies from Pima Animal Care Center!
Many performances are sure to delight and enthrall young viewers. Here are a few, some of which even feature young performers:
- Maguire Academy of Irish Dance (Saturday 11:30AM)
- Lajkonik Polish Folk Ensemble (Saturday 2PM)
- Chinese Lion Dance (Saturday 3PM)
- Japanese Taiko drums (Saturday 5PM)
- Holladay Steppers: She Phi African American Stepping (Sunday 1:30)
- Tohono O’odham Traditional Dancers (Sunday 5PM)