Volunteers — We Need You
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Tucson Meet Yourself. We can’t run the festival without the support of Tucsonans who generously share their time and their interest. If you have several hours to spare and want to immerse yourself in folklife, TMY welcomes volunteers to assist in a variety of assignments, from set up, maintenance or Green Team, through to festival assistants for performers, artisans and vendors. Please consider signing up for a four-hour commitment. In addition to our gratitude, you’ll receive a TMY volunteer t-shirt, and have an opportunity to form new and wonderful cultural connections.
To join us for several hours of fun, folklife and service, complete your volunteer application here. Thank you!
Getting There: An Assortment of Ways
Whether you bus, drive or cycle — downtown Tucson has a way to transport you into our TMY cultural city:
- Bus rider? Check Suntran bus stops via http://www.suntran.com
- Ride a bike: http://dot.tucsonaz.gov/bicycle/
- If you’re into Tucson Park Yourself, there are a number of convenient parking garage options with extended hours available near the TMY festival:
- El Presidio Garage — 160 W Alameda
- Public Works Garage — 50 W Alameda
- La Placita Garage — 211 S Church Ave (entrance from Jackson, between Church/Stone)
- Main Library Garage — 101 N Stone (entrance on Alameda St)
- Pennington Street Garage — 110 E Pennington (enter at Scott Ave)
- City/State Garage — 498 W Congress
- Plaza Centro Garage — 345 E Congress
- Depot Plaza — 45 N 5th Avenue
- Franklin Lot — 50 W Franklin (2 blocks North of TMY Festival)
- Catalina Lot — 419 W Congress (2 blocks West of TMY Festival)
- Tucson Convention Center Parking Lots A, B & C
- Parking Maps are available from Downtown Tucson Partnership. www.downtowntucson.org/get-around/parking/
- Remember, there is free parking at one of 1200 metered street spaces after 5pm Friday and all weekend.
Greening Our Festival
One 40th anniversary color certainly is green, as TMY adheres to a Minimal Waste Plan with a goal of recycling or composted 50 percent of festival waste.
Will you help us meet this goal? Look for our Green Team and Compost Cat crews, and ask them how to best dispose of trash at the various TMY Green Stations set up across the festival. Remember there are three bin options for that trash:
- Compost (dispose of your compostable materials first);
- Recycle (plastic bottles, aluminum cans, paper programs & brochures); And
- Garbage — everything else will go into the landfill.